The Simple Swan is a lifestyle blog created in 2016 by Alicia Woodward
after a long career as a literature and language arts teacher.
Alicia’s mission is to write soul-soothing essays inspired by the seasons.
New posts are published on Wednesday and Sunday mornings.
Sunday posts are from the weekly newspaper column Alicia writes for the Southern Illinoisan. Wednesday posts are a bit more personal and written specifically for The Simple Swan readers.
In 2023, Wednesday posts will follow a specific schedule each month:
1st Wednesday ~ Poetry
2nd Wednesday ~ Presence
3rd Wednesday ~ Something Sublime
4th Wednesday ~ Creating Beauty
To Subscribe: Subscribe for free to get new posts sent directly to your email inbox on Sunday and Wednesday mornings.
- Go to http://www.thesimpleswan.com. (If you’re reading this, you’re already there!)
- Look for the blue oval “Follow” button. You’ll find it to the right of your computer screen or scroll to the bottom of your phone.
- Click the “Follow” button and type in your email address.
- Check your inbox for an email from WordPress.com and confirm your subscription.
- You will be a subscriber of The Simple Swan and receive an email with every new post.
- If you have any trouble subscribing, please email Alicia@thesimpleswan.com.
On Facebook: Posts from The Simple Swan are shared on Facebook at Alicia Fry Woodward. Your likes, shares and comments are appreciated!